Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Wow is a bit nippy out there

Catanonia

eh? the sun is streaming in, it's 29 degrees and pool is 24 degrees - even the dog is hot - BBQ tonight!

oh yeah sorry, you're heading into winter - ;):D

I just got in, it's -14C out there... rub it in, why don't you? :D

That's ok, we'll get you back in due time. :)

We all have to be insane to voluntarily go outside in these conditions. I was only out for 45 mins and didn't notice the cold because I found Saturn for the first time!

-

Better than diving in a lake at 1C but not by that much ;-)

I was out until 3.00am imaging M33 and M45. All the kit was covered in a thick frost, but I was toasty (good thermals) and my optics were dew and frost free. Thank god for dew heaters. This is tha latest in a long line of observing/imaging sessions that have been saved by dew heaters.

Some of you guys have it really cold! I've been recording temps here using a Davis for 6 years and last night was the coldest recorded at -9.7!

And we live on the edge of a small Leicestershire village so what another 4-5 degrees is like, ouch!!!

Do you all live on the shetlands or something:)

Last year during the really cold snap, Wilmslow Cheshire, near us, recorded -18....

Now that was a cold snap for the UK

Yeah we got -17C last year, was ONLY -8C last might......probably a record for November in these parts.

I went out around 3.30am to shut up the obsy after an imaging session, OTA was white with frost, amazingly the ED80 which is minus the heater at the moment was still clear.

Archived