Yet another newbie...Just saying hello

MattTee

Hi All,

I just wanted to say hello.

I have just bought a telescope after giving up with my extremely old binoculars (I think at a push I could see the other end of my living room on a clear day).

So I bought a Celestron Astromaster 130eq (£110 new) and it arrived today - so apologies for the cloudy skies, that's down to me, I hope this is OK for a starter telescope - but time will tell, and to be on the safe side I kept the cost down.

I didn't bother with any type of GoTo type devices as I want the hunting to be part of the fun (and have ordered a few books after reading recommendations in SGL posts), although this may change after a couple of months :)

No doubt I will have some questions soon ;) however will attempt at some reading/trial & error first.

The information I have already found within this community has been first class, so thanks already.

Matt.

Cant agree more with the first 2 comments, i think the best place to learn is here and a local astro club, but you wont go wrong here.

As for the scope ...yes a good starter scope you will see plenty to get you going, then your want a bigger one, believe me you will i did.

As for books i think "turn left at orion" is a must (if you not got it) the pictures you see are WHAT you see in the finder scope which makes life very easy.

Archived