Hi All from another newbie

deekmac

Hi Friends

I,ve been into nature photography for some years now and have been experimenting with remote shooting using my laptop and canon 400d dslr and being lucky enough to stay in the countryside thought i,d have a go at getting some shots of stars so using a tair 300mm lens i picked up on ebay i gave it a go,WOW talk about hooked! of course i did,nt have a clue which stars i was looking at so i bought a planetshere and i,m getting there. Now i cant wait for santa as i,ve heard that i just might be getting a telescope to hook my camera up to :), hope to be posting some pics soon

stay safe

Deek

Hi Deek,

A very warm welcome to SGL, some very nice pics of the Heavens have been taken with just a camera and telephoto lens on a home made tracker ( Barn Door Project )you might also consider a pair of bins together with your star maps to help out with the location of the Constellations and objects you want to photograph, once you start down the path of the dark side ( astrophotography with a telescope ) life becomes much more complicated and you need very deep pockets. Enjoy the forum.

John.

Archived