NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter on the 15th

Trevor N

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the nice comments. Looking again I think I oversharpened it a bit . I've had another go and played about more with layers. Think there is a slight improvement. At least I've learnt loads in processing !. Regards , Trevor

post-14998-133877505999_thumb.jpg

Hello and thanks for the comments. The camera is the dmk 21. It seens to work fine on the planets and if I need a wider field on the moon I use imerge to stitch shots together. The smaller file size helps my laptop as well. It struggles with the data transfer at times. Regards , Trevor

Funny because im touchy about overdoing it, and often i do. but i much prefer the first, Dont think it looks over cooked at all, Infact the second to me looks undercooked. Losing quite a bit of detail.often its more pleasing if a image is overdone to go a bit easier. But in this case as the first doesnt look overdone. all i can see is a loss of detail, with overly smoothed out features. everything was right about the first. that isnt with the second. Am i the only one to think this ? First image is a cracker for me with a 4" scope Trevor.

Take the point Neil. Thanks for looking. This is all relatively new to me. How about this one for a third attempt. Funny how opinions differ on these things. Old saying of one man's meat (or Jupiter) and all that. Regards , Trevor

post-14998-133877507781_thumb.jpg

Archived