Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

PST at last

russ

It was a big day today. It's been almost 4 years since i sold my last PST and today i have another. Had to wait patiently, missed out on quite a few, just too slow off the mark. And really didn't think i'd get this one, convinced someone would outbid me in the dying seconds. Especially as it included the official Coronado case and two Orion Sirius Plossls as well. But strangely no one bid and it was bought for a very price good in my opinion.

Previous owner had it from new, bought from Telescope House. Only used a handful of times, in A1 condition.

So excited, just need a sunny day (hopefully Wednesday according to the forecast).

And here it is (crappy photo until tomorrow):

post-12650-133877499907_thumb.jpg

Excellent Russ - well done for bagging one !.

They are much more solidly built than I was expecting (having never owned one before).

Look forward to comparing notes on the Ha views and possibly even side by side at next years SGL star party if you can make it :)

John, i forgot how solid they are. Look so flimsy and toy like in the photos. Like a telescope special from Toy'r'us. But different feel in the hand.

Nick, I already have the donor scope ready, a Celestron Astromaster 90mm F11.1 with the standard 86mm tube. :)

No imaging with it sadly Ant, i had to sell the SPC to part fund the DSLR. I also had to let my prize eyepieces go to fund the PST. :D So instead of the lovely Meade 34mm, i have the barely adequate Panaview 32mm. Always a compromise :)

Really looking forward to SGL6 btw.

The one REAL picture of the innards proved tempting. <G> But this time, with the unit financial outlay, I think I will "stay my hand at sacrilege". (As one Ancient Egyptologist said?) Though it would be nice to see live images with (some hints of) "lunar" magnifications and resolutions. I want mainly to try it with the Watec - Perhaps to record frequent (less cutting edge!) observations? :)

Chris, just been offered a webcam (thanks A), so will try some 'not so cutting edge' images myself :D

You'll need a short nosepiece or a barlow to get to focus with a webcam.... but its worth the effort :)

Helen

Something not so suitable at the moment. It's a dovetail with a ball head tripod thingy. Need one of those L-brackets but they are not cheap, £28 for the Orion version and i can't find the Skywatcher version. :)

Something not so suitable at the moment. It's a dovetail with a ball head tripod thingy. Need one of those L-brackets but they are not cheap, £28 for the Orion version and i can't find the Skywatcher version. :)

Maybe i could make something up for you?

Archived