NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Just seen Saturn for the first time.

Aussie

Wow, even though daylight stole my view I got to see Saturn for about 5 minutes for the first time. What a sight. I couldn't make anything out but for about 2 seconds the sky's cleared and I could see the rings. What a sight, I can't wait until it is closer to the end of November so I will be able to see it better and earlier.

Also I seen a grayish smudge that looked like a nebula/galaxy just below Arcturus last night, that was strange. I checked my book but there is nothing listen there. It was gray cloudish looking but I am thinking maybe a comet as it had a sort of tail looking cloud(really rectangle/oval shape sorta thing).

Oh and Happy Halloween Everyone!!!, hope you had a good one.

Can't wait for it to come up earlier. I was checking stellarium just this morning, I think I'll have to wait til the end of the month before it's above my trees.

The first view of it is definitely something you'll not forget. It's one of the few astronomical wonders that has received a "wow" from my wife. The persieds meteor shower being the other.

Like I said before on this forum. I am just getting back into Astronomy and I have not seen Saturn for probably 15 years, so I am looking forward to Saturn being in the sky again also. Maby I will set the scope up in my back yard the night before and then get outside before Dawn to see it also. It will be a beautiful sight.

Is there ever a time where it is out earlier than pre dawn?

Yes of course, but Saturn has just came back from disappearing behind the Sun. by the end of November it will be seen as early as 3am, then earlier still in December.

And it was not M3 or M5 I checked stellarium for the time I seen it and they were many many degree's off.

Yes of course, but Saturn has just came back from disappearing behind the Sun. by the end of November it will be seen as early as 3am, then earlier still in December.

And it was not M3 or M5 I checked stellarium for the time I seen it and they were many many degree's off.

Thanks, I can't wait.

Archived