NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 16.10.10 GRS with Brightspot Avi + Pics

AztecastroMcJ

taken with 127mm Mak @f/36 using x3 Tal Barlow + SPC 900 Webcam @10fps

stacked 1500/1800 best frames for pics at end of video

both original avi and pics show bright spot on GRS shoulder, which others have noted recently,

nothing unusual as this has happened in the past many times,but worth pointing out.

Io Moon can also been seen in video to left of Jupiter.

Comments, opinions appreciated :)

Orig avi and Pics Movie here (seeing 8/10)

i have dust spots on my camera so about half way through video

i frantically slew away from dust marks, could have taken this out but i have left in

video lasts for 1m40sec as playback was speeded up x2 and i added stacked pics at end

more details see pics and video :D

James

post-16858-133877493009_thumb.jpg

post-16858-133877493014_thumb.jpg

Good stuff James, your images from last night look very similar to mine, which is to be expected since we have near identical set ups :-) You've got a little more detail in yours, which in part I think is down to you getting a 3x image on the sensor. I tried again last night to keep a 3x image on the sensor, but my mount is too shakey, the mount controls too fast and the tracking not good enough. So in the end I had to resort to 2x for my images. After seeing 'Northernlads' mount last night in action I know now what my next investment will be..

I notice you also caught those blueish blobs on the belt too, I thought they were from dust or something until I processed a second video and they were in exactly the same place.. Plus you've got the smaller red blob too. Last night was certainly a good time to image Jupiter with so much going on.

Oh and do you ever sleep? I can't help notice your video and posting times to realise you must be up all night doing this! Can't beat a bit of dedication :-)

I've just seen your youtube video and noticed you're able to pan the image about the sensor. On my 'supatrak' mount just one touch of the control will send a image of that size right off the sensor. I was wondering if I got the goto controller I would also gain finer control, or if the motors in our mounts are different?

I've just seen your youtube video and noticed you're able to pan the image about the sensor. On my 'supatrak' mount just one touch of the control will send a image of that size right off the sensor. I was wondering if I got the goto controller I would also gain finer control, or if the motors in our mounts are different?

u can change slew limits speed on goto version ( i use either 2,3 or 4 on Jupiter @f36)

not sure about supatrak but i imagine u can still change ?

i remember it took me awhile to get used to x2barlow at 1st, and i struggled with keeping Jupiter on chip

cheers James

thx again for all comments

heres another capture 15m before one above at about 80%scale

noticed something else :) regarding equatorial zone cloud details,

right above bright spot mentioned above,

is X like cloud formation, dark grey/blue its very feint, but its there and on other shots posted recently aswell,

there were some similar Z like patterns in same area again fairly recently, worth a mention i thought ?

cheers James

post-16858-133877493737_thumb.jpg

Archived