Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Fed up

callisto

I've had 2 nights in the last four weeks and one of them was very poor 'seeing', getting a bit fed up with the fluffy stuff too:(

Someone must've bought one hell of a 'scope to let all these clouds out of the box:cool:

Hello

Hang in there!

Same here in Cumbria, Either it's Cloudy, Rainy or I'm on late shifts! but on the nights I do get out, usually have a good session and this keeps me going until the next one!

Just never waste a clear night when they arrive!

Ray

It can be very depressing not being able to get out but hang on there - it will change. :D When it has been clear in the past, like Ray I've made a point of really making sure I do as much observing as possible, which can mean three nights on the trot but the reason for doing it is that we know the weather won't last but if you've indulged when its good, its suprising how long it can carry you through the rough (cloudy) times.

Wishing you clear skies soon.

James

I thought that I would like to look at night into the skies

I started buying nice new kit, expensive, no surprise

The telescope upon its stand , a tripod you might say

The computerised gizmo that points it the right way

The things you put your eye to and cost such a lot

The classy box to show your mates exactly what you’ve got

Wires from the battery to the thing that clears the mist

The red light and the other stuff keep adding to the list

Alas still at night when you hear me scream out loud

Im so *****ED with astronomy all I see is CLOUD :D

I thought that I would like to look at night into the skies

I started buying nice new kit, expensive, no surprise

The telescope upon its stand , a tripod you might say

The computerised gizmo that points it the right way

The things you put your eye to and cost such a lot

The classy box to show your mates exactly what you’ve got

Wires from the battery to the thing that clears the mist

The red light and the other stuff keep adding to the list

Alas still at night when you hear me scream out loud

Im so *****ED with astronomy all I see is CLOUD :D

Very creative :) I like it!!!

The last two good seeing nights have been frustrating here because of wind. The way the houses are laid out, it acts like a wind tunnel across the back gardens, it is really annoying. But it dose mean I get more practice looking for binocular objects.

It was 'clear' here last night but the seeing was horrible and for some reason lP seemed loads worse than normal.

Yep, same here, too. We only did an hour last night, and most of that was me teaching my son to star hop. :)

And I don't have a problem with late shifts, I take medication for that...:D

Its been cloudy for nearly a week now up here in Newcastle, have given my dob a good going over, ready for action but just can't get the damn clouds to clear, Gutted :D
I feel your frustration. The North East coast has been covered by a wall of cloud for well over a week. Chance of a few breaks appearing tonight, so gonna get myself outside, no matter how fleeting the breaks may be.

When an east wind doth blow ... those of us in the North East can just give up on astronomy. Fortunately the prevailing winds in the UK are westerly. Unfortunately, for the last week they haven't been (which did for the Kielder weekend as well)!

NigelM

I feel your frustration. The North East coast has been covered by a wall of cloud for well over a week. Chance of a few breaks appearing tonight, so gonna get myself outside, no matter how fleeting the breaks may be.

Fingers crossed :D

Mark.

Manchester's been decent enough for the most part, but I woke up this morning to a horrible grey soup in the sky and it looks like it's not showing any signs of clearing any time soon.

That soup is as far down as Aynho at least and maybe further.

Archived