hi all :)

rob_c

Hi all im Rob,i live in luton (bedfordshire) im very very new to this and want to learn all about the plants and moon.

im after a my very first scope but im stuck as i dont know what im really looking for.

im after one more for moon and planets budget is around 250-200 or cheaper if you can get a decent one cheap.

rob

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Rob,

A very warm welcome to SGL, as you are completely new to the World of Astronomy, I am sure the urge to buy a telescope must be tremendous, however, a number of beginners start by investing in a reasonable pair of binoculars 7x50 or 10x50 which are not that expensive nowadays, and begin to learn the night sky from free programs like Stellarium and books such as Turn Left@Orion this can be very enjoyable and instructive, if you also head to your local library and Astro Society, if there is one nearby, you will soon, with help from the forum members if you need it, be in a position to form your own opinion of what you need to progress further, if the Astronomy bug does not bite then you have only a small amount of outlay, I am afraid many enthusiastic people jump into spending a lot of money on big scopes and equipment before they understand what is involved, in the event frustration sets in and another fine piece of kit finds its way onto the second hand markets, with quite a financial loss to the original purchaser, HTH.

John.

Archived