Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

stargazine_ep28_banner.thumb.jpg.b94278254f44dd38f3f7ee896fe45525.jpg

Beyond_Vision

Andromeda Unchained

Stunning.. love it

Kevin, how do you find the WO TMB field flatness? I have the TMB one on test, but it's expensive..

Thanks all for your very nice comments.

Stunning.. love it

Kevin, how do you find the WO TMB field flatness? I have the TMB one on test, but it's expensive..

It's a way better match to the scope than the Televue TRF2008 I was using. I am getting pin point stars to the edges now and there is no false colour introduced by it. I had to get an adapter from Starlight Instruments for my 3.5" focuser this cost £99 pounds which was a bit steep but I got the flattener for £100 off of book price. So £300 all in which is a sight cheaper than the £900 for the official one.

Regards

Kevin

One of my favourites. Doesn't appear over processed and feels so real.

I'd run through the streets screaming if I achieved that! lol Or at least have it framed. :(

Beautiful stuff.

One of my favourites. Doesn't appear over processed and feels so real.

I'd run through the streets screaming if I achieved that! lol Or at least have it framed. :(

Beautiful stuff.

Thank you :(

Regards

Kevin

That's a bit good Kev, very nice sir :(.

Tony..

Hi Kev,

A real gem to be proud of. And as no one else has mentioned it, a fine M110. You have captured the odd shape of the outer star layer. Not often done.

Dave.

Thanks again for the great comments. :D

The detail is just showing in M110, Dave. I'm hoping to get it framed better next time and add some Ha. Just wish this gloop over the UK would disappear :)

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin.

This is a truly wonderful picture of M31.

From John.

at Mount Tuffley.

Wow thats a beautiful image one for the mags I reckon

Philj

So THAT's what M31 is supposed to look like....

*mumbles off to ones-self*

Great image - well done :) :)

Hi Kevin,

After my measly attempts I am hardly one to make critical observation, but I like the reworked one better. The framing is more pleasing to the eye and gives the galaxy a stronger feel of motion. The background brings the galaxy out better in the revised version.

But I like the dust lanes on this earlier version more as they appear (to me at least) to be slightly more clearly defined.

Absolutely stunning Kevin!!!!! The colour and detail are breathtaking. Awesome work!

Thanks for sharing this Kevin, the nicest M31 I've seen for a long time, a real eye-candy !

Clear skies,

Janos

I've tried to congratulate you on this one twice now but my message seems to disappear. So for the third time(!!!) great stuff and how did you get so deep into the core? Come on, I'll buy you as much beer as you can drink!!!

Olly