NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Andromeda Unchained

Beyond_Vision

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks all for your very nice comments.

Stunning.. love it

Kevin, how do you find the WO TMB field flatness? I have the TMB one on test, but it's expensive..

It's a way better match to the scope than the Televue TRF2008 I was using. I am getting pin point stars to the edges now and there is no false colour introduced by it. I had to get an adapter from Starlight Instruments for my 3.5" focuser this cost £99 pounds which was a bit steep but I got the flattener for £100 off of book price. So £300 all in which is a sight cheaper than the £900 for the official one.

Regards

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

After my measly attempts I am hardly one to make critical observation, but I like the reworked one better. The framing is more pleasing to the eye and gives the galaxy a stronger feel of motion. The background brings the galaxy out better in the revised version.

But I like the dust lanes on this earlier version more as they appear (to me at least) to be slightly more clearly defined.

Archived