SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Andromeda Unchained

Beyond_Vision

Really pleased how this image has panned out despite the less than ideal conditions. It was taken from my light polluted back garden with data from Wednesday and Friday night of this week, with the Moon washing out the skies a little.

Exposure 17x 10 minutes.

Captured with Maxim5 and stacked with DSS, post processed in Pix-Insight using DBE and HDR tools. Finished off in PSCS3.

The HDR routine in Pix Insight has really brought out the detail down to the core. :D:headbang:

beyondvision-albums-deep-sky-picture6979

Regards

Kevin

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey Kevin, you've really nailed this. It's just superb, but a shame the whole galaxy is not seen. Not a criticism by any means, and I'm not being pickie. I would just have loved to have seen the whole Island.:)

Ron.:o

I agree Ron I was contemplating rotating the camera a little but was pressed for time as I was really doing a run to test out a new mini PC. I will certainly be doing this again to fit it all in. Previously I have used a 0.8x reducer and could fit it all in nicely. The WO Triplet APO flattener is not a reducer so it's a tighter fit where M31 will only fit across the diagonal of the CCD.

Regards

Kevin

I agree Ron I was contemplating rotating the camera a little but was pressed for time as I was really doing a run to test out a new mini PC. I will certainly be doing this again to fit it all in. Previously I have used a 0.8x reducer and could fit it all in nicely. The WO Triplet APO flattener is not a reducer so it's a tighter fit where M31 will only fit across the diagonal of the CCD.

Regards

Kevin

M31 is such an Imposing object, and the archetypical spiral galaxy.

I feel as though looking at it, is like looking back at our own Milky Way, albeit 31 is much larger. I hope you do manage to get a full expanse image of it in the near future.

:o

Wonderful detail Kevin, not jus the dust lanes but the starry outer regions as well.

I've just purchased PixInsight and have been playing with the HDRwavelet tool. It has quite a distinctive effect which this image shows - pronounced contrast and it seems to make things a little brown.

Archived