Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Vixen 80MF Refractor CLEARANCE

FLO

We have sourced a number of Vixen 80MF refractor telescopes to sell at £159! This is a nicely made telescope with multi-coated optics and a long f11.4 focal-ratio for high contrast and minimal chromatic aberration. Ideal as a guidescope or convenient grab & go observing when mounted on the new Vixen Mini Porta.

Supplied with 6x30 finderscope, 20mm & 6.3mm eyepieces, diagonal, dewshield, tube-rings and dovetail.

£159!

Vixen_A80MF_refractor.jpg

Steve

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys/ Gals,

I've successfully modified over 16 Ha PST's ( write-up available)

The Vixen 80mm is definately the "weapon of choice" - believe me!!

If you are thinking about or even considering "maybe in the future" modifying a PST - this is the OTA to use. Full stop!

Ken

Mark

I am **** with a hacksaw...plus, I got my info from others, including Ken (who's excellent xls spreadsheet was the final piece in my personal jigsaw)...

So I would not like to profit personally from this (I was joking about buying em all!)

However, if people want me to test an etalon for them, be glad to!

We have sourced a number of Vixen 80MF refractor telescopes to sell at £159! This is a nicely made telescope with multi-coated optics and a long f11.4 focal-ratio for high contrast and minimal chromatic aberration. Ideal as a guidescope or convenient grab & go observing when mounted on the new Vixen Mini Porta.

Supplied with 6x30 finderscope, 20mm & 6.3mm eyepieces, diagonal, dewshield, tube-rings and dovetail.

£159!

Steve

Well Steve having seen the modifications and results done by others to their own PST I have decided to start getting the bits and pieces together. If you would be so kind to put one aside for me please and I will be in touch, shortly, with the 'plastic' details.

If you don't have a copy already the write-up on "modifying a Ha PST" is available on request.

Just drop me a PM with your email details and I'll send you a copy (6Mb)

It seems a shame to leave that great PST etalon crippled in a 40mm scope.......

Archived