Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC7380 Narrowband

NickH

The more and more that I see that palette the more I like it... that's a lovely image the blues and greens are very subtle.

Well done Nick, will keep an eye out for the finished image!

Ant

I agree totally. The colours really work, the quality of the image is first class. One of my favourite deepsky images posted lately.

It's been a while getting to this stage, garish pink/magenta stars (as you'll see in a VDB142 image I have in an article) were an issue. Now focussing more on SII data quality, and duration, as well as really being fussy on focus, usually now spending a whole night just on one band..

Thank you all so much for the comments, it really does make it worthwhile

Yup

I watch the FWHM all the time (remote to the iphone using VNC), and if it drops for more than two sub frames beyond what I think is acceptable, I am outside to sort it out....hence a call I put out a few weeks back for a robotic focuser for the TMB that could do this, but ideally not cost £500 :-)

Archived