Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Greetings from Suffolk

Suffolkgazer

Hi all.

Well after some 12+yrs living in London my better half wanted out so we found our way to Suffolk. Living in a small village with next to no street lights in the area I found myself looking upwards again:D. Compared to London my night sky is breath taking with all the stars that can been seen with a MK1 eye ball.

So bought a good set of Binos which have given some realy good night sky views. But with all things you start thirsting for more lol.

So Atm I'am in the middle of choosing a Telescope and visiting a local astronomy club on their next open day. Would not mind branching into astrophotography but will have to see how the moth ridden wallet says in the future.

Cheers Jason.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Jason and welcome to the forum.

Hope the open day will provide you with the answers you're looking for as choosing equipment can seem a bit daunting. Astrophotography is certainly proving to be a popular activity although I'm sure that really good pictures must come at a price (...certainly not moth proof!)

Clear skies

James

Hi all again.

Thank you for such a warm welcome ;). Will be picking the grey cells of SGL users sooner than later lol.

And yes The_Laughing_Cow I will be visiting OASI :mad:, kept comming up on many a search for clubs and its nearish to where Iam based (dennington).

Agree with you there James there's alot of people wanting to head into the imaging side of this hobby and it can get expensive. But after seeing some of the fine images here and on other sites it would be a shame to waste the good night skys around here.

But I will be happy enough to be pointing a scope skywards and hopefuly be spending many a night just gazing on what the nightime sky has to offer. Well unlike tonight where its a tad windy and the cloud is setting in again :mad:

Jason.

Hi Jason,and welcome. I'm genuinely not even a little bit envious that you've got almost perfect viewing conditions,weather permitting of course. Not envious at all.:eek:

Thank you for the Welcome JonM :mad: Won't say that I used to live in a smallish village in Surrey when I was alot younger before moving back to the Big smoke when I was 12. Great night skys :D

Well atm the heavens just opened up and the winds picked up a bit more so I think I have managed to Jinx tonights Bino Viewing just by typing :mad:. That or thinking about where I will be setting up with a scope after the funds get to an agreed level.

Agree thought about the night sky here JonM. Paid a visit to my parents house in Kingsbury and around 2:30am took a peek at the sky. Orange would be the best word for it ;)

Hi all.

Thank you to Baz,Dana,Patrick1948,Ubique and Steve for the warm welcome to SGL :mad:.

Oh and Steve I may in the future take you up on that offer :mad: depending how my funds go I may need some pointers on EQ mount set up ;). And seeing you do not know me from Adam thats a very generous and helpful offer :eek:.

Jason.

Archived