Celebrities.

ollypenrice

I have just been contacted by a national daily journalist asking about my astro-providing business. One question was, Have I had any celebrities, actors etc to stay?

Uh-oh, red rag to a bull. I toned down my initial response - which was that one reason for doing astronomy was throw all that silliness into stark relief.

Honestly, celebrities. How pathetic this all is, eh? It mekks me badly as they say where I grew up.

Your views?

Olly

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate celebrity status as well. Nothing wrong with some people being well known for their achievements (what ever they may be). But I hate the whole gossip thing around it.

Especially with music. I do love some music and some bands, but it's only about the music they make. I'm not even a tiny little bit interested in their private lives.

Perhaps that he was after in the context of what you do? Brian May, SPM, Brian Cox or any other noted person with an interest in science stayed at your gaff?

But more likely, he want to know if Katie Price stayed there and do you have any piccies of her stargazing in skimpy undies!

I have just been contacted by a national daily journalist asking about my astro-providing business. One question was, Have I had any celebrities, actors etc to stay?

Uh-oh, red rag to a bull. I toned down my initial response - which was that one reason for doing astronomy was throw all that silliness into stark relief.

Honestly, celebrities. How pathetic this all is, eh? It mekks me badly as they say where I grew up.

Your views?

Olly

HehHeh!, That saying could well mean you hail from Northern parts Ollie. Cumbria even, or further east. Yorkshire perhaps.:)

I've little time for so called Celebs. myself. It's a meaningless description. I can only think it makes a weak person swoon when encountering one.

For Celebs read over paid prats eg katie "botox" price and peter "who's he" andre and david "don't play for england anymore pass me a tissue" beckham.

oh eck! the cynic in me is out in force today.

Real celebs to me are Sir Patrick,Brian Cox,Neil Armstong,Fred Hoyle etc etc all the others like those above just pretend so they can justify their pointless existence.

I hate celebrity status as well. Nothing wrong with some people being well known for their achievements (what ever they may be). But I hate the whole gossip thing around it.

Especially with music. I do love some music and some bands, but it's only about the music they make. I'm not even a tiny little bit interested in their private lives.

No wonder I feel so at home in this forum. There's loads of like-minded people here, this post I especially concur with. :)

Olly, sounds like your journalist "friend" prefers a different type of star than you're interested in. He's missed the point by light years...

Interesting reaction! To be fair the journalist seems to have taken that part of my reply in good heart.

What is quite reassuring is that the 'favourite hate' celebs mentioned above are actually entirely unkown to me. Never heard of 'em.

Long live common sense and the thought that Henrietta Leavitt studied the Magellanic Cepheids fully clothed...

Anyway I'm famous myself. I won the Matlock Fifty in 1988. What do you mean, 'What's the Matlock Fifty? Cheek!'

Olly

Interesting reaction! To be fair the journalist seems to have taken that part of my reply in good heart.

What is quite reassuring is that the 'favourite hate' celebs mentioned above are actually entirely unkown to me. Never heard of 'em.

Long live common sense and the thought that Henrietta Leavitt studied the Magellanic Cepheids fully clothed...

Anyway I'm famous myself. I won the Matlock Fifty in 1988. What do you mean, 'What's the Matlock Fifty? Cheek!'

Olly

I'm thinking Naked Bike Ride. Cheek?

For Celebs read over paid prats eg katie "botox" price and peter "who's he" andre and david "don't play for england anymore pass me a tissue" beckham.

oh eck! the cynic in me is out in force today.

Real celebs to me are Sir Patrick,Brian Cox,Neil Armstong,Fred Hoyle etc etc all the others like those above just pretend so they can justify their pointless existence.

I'm in total agreement, real celebs are those that have really strived to achieve something great for all mankind and as such people like these will remain remembered for all time. :):)

Not some five minute wonder with her B**bs out, yes "Jordan" I mean you!!!! :hello2:

People are all born equal and all die equal... those with talent who are celebrities (Richard Feynman, Carl Sagan, Albert Einstein etc etc) I guess probably didn't start out in life striving for it, it just came, via the brilliance of what they achieved. Those who strive for it like Ms Price, Ms Campbell (Diamonds ...what diamonds?) etc, should really just crawl back into a hole...ideally with someone standing over it with a large bulldozer

People are all born equal and all die equal... those with talent who are celebrities (Richard Feynman, Carl Sagan, Albert Einstein etc etc) I guess probably didn't start out in life striving for it, it just came, via the brilliance of what they achieved. Those who strive for it like Ms Price, Ms Campbell (Diamonds ...what diamonds?) etc, should really just crawl back into a hole...ideally with someone standing over it with a large bulldozer

Wheeee, I'm delighted to see you in a moment of less than scientific equilibrium, Nick! That I agree with every syllable goes without saying...

Olly

PS, two more celebrities of whom I have never heard. They are beginning to outnumber the ones of whom I have heard. (Not difficult.)

Wheeee, I'm delighted to see you in a moment of less than scientific equilibrium, Nick! That I agree with every syllable goes without saying...

Olly

PS, two more celebrities of whom I have never heard. They are beginning to outnumber the ones of whom I have heard. (Not difficult.)

Is it really that isolated where you live? It sounds ideal. :)

Archived