Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Skywatcher Flextube GOTO Dobsonians

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If the 16" is coming around Xmas methinks most of my gear will be up for grabs round about then . Roll up roll up !! everything must go ( apart from my Pentax eyepieces and Hotech ). See sig .

Vlebo

In theory (and this is pending a possible new camera (not decided yet as nothing is as good as the 285 for sensitivity) new mount (AP or maybe something else :-)) and new solar telescope setup (SM90 filter), how much would you hope/expect the 16" to be?

Would these have any effect on the price of EQ6's?

I am about to buy an EQ6 Pro for my 10" Orion Optics OTA but i'm thinking for another £100 i could get GoTo aswell as another 10" OTA thrown in?

Hmmmm decisions!

Would these have any effect on the price of EQ6's?

Though we cannot say for certain I think it highly unlikely that the Skywatcher EQ6 PRO will drop in price. It's price has already been pared to the bone and it dominates its section of the market. At it's price, The EQ6 PRO is the benchmark.

HTH,

Steve

EQ6 GOTO and mount are a very different ballgame to this dob.. as Steve says this mount dominates the marketplace and rightly so...until someone else comes up with a mount at that price and with that spec, why would they reduce it?

That is magic news. The one I have is still in the box, so it will be a full dry run unboxing/setup exercise at SSP tonight. If you want to pop over (will be near to Ian Pass and Jon Gale from about 7:30 ish) that would be great

That is magic news. The one I have is still in the box, so it will be a full dry run unboxing/setup exercise at SSP tonight. If you want to pop over (will be near to Ian Pass and Jon Gale from about 7:30 ish) that would be great

I would have, but was only there for one night - picked a good one though!

Archived