Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Clear skies SW

davy999

Well

so far blue skies fading slowly to darkness, if this stays put then a seriously clear night at last, seems months ago I was so optimistic for an evenings viewing.

Lets hope its not just the south west like this and many of you guys and gals get a chance to view through the gaps in the cloud tonight!:)

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep pretty clear here and the wids dropped right off had a 23mph just earlier this afternoon but no its all quiet... pressure rising slowly as well,,,

Wont be settign the scopes upor openign th eobs though just going to catnap and have the odd look out to see if theres any auroral activity vissible this far south,,,

Peter

UPDATE from Grimsby-was raining/thundering a couple of hours ago, just poked my head outside and not a cloud in sight and the stars are bright - BUT, for how long?

I was going for Jupiter but thats about 3 hours wait for me.

Rather frustrating conditions ATM here in North Somerset. Looked very promising for a while then small wisps of cloud pretty quickly spread to spoil things. Now some large holes appearing but nothing that looks worth setting a scope up for.

Might get out for short bursts with a grab and go setup if I'm lucky.

Got to "grab it while you can" under these conditions :)

Now the clouds are just toying with me. A window opened up to the west for about 5 mins. Gone again. Overall though it looks like the cloud might break soon. there are cracks appearing. This is the best chance i have had in months. I'm gonna stay up all night if i have to. I'm declaring war on the clouds.

Whose with me!!!!!!!

James, dont send that weather south, I am at last imaging for the first time in weeks since getting my new mount!! I am only 20 miles south from you.. I better expect cloud soon I guess.

Oh well. have to be up at 6.30 for work so maybe cloud will force me to bed.

Why oh why can't this weather be around on Friday and Saturday evenings!!

Oh well, should my imaging of NGC7314 yield any sort of results I will upload in a few days.

Sorry so many of you had cloud, it was and currently still is clear here, I feel bad for being so happy!

Been clear all night here in Weymouth.

I've got the imaging rig running and the dob has been out all night too. Had good views of M27, M31, M57, the double cluster and Jupiter, but couldn't find NGC891 or the 'White Rose' cluster.

Cheers

Rob :)

Archived