Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

maybe tonight!!

starstalker

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck, partly cloudy is as good as it gets in the uk ... LOL

Neptune, Uranus and Jupiter out tonight, and M2 & M15, wish I was home, love globs, the 200P should give you a nice view - enjoy!

Indeedy! The weather is looking particularly good. If it's still clear by 9pm then I'll start setting some bits up outside as I haven't viewed anything for nearly 3 weeks! Plus I should get a really nice view of Jupiter tonight if I'm lucky, but we shall see. Can't be out too long since up I'm early Sunday!

We have near total low cloud cover at the moment, 7/8 with occasional breaks of blue sky every now and again. The BBC is forecasting for partly cloudy skies tonight until about 1:00am which would suit me fine as I really just want to get a decent view of Jupiter with my newly hiluxed 8" dob with new dual speed focuser and with magnification above the 120x which I used for last years' opposition with the barlow I bought a few weeks ago and with SEB absent which may not happen again for many years.

The weather isn't playing ball here I'm afraid, the weather predictions have changed to light rain and sure enough there is total cloud cover and spitting rain here at the moment. I will wait up until about 12ish and see what it does, if weather improves I'll be out with the scope, if not it's off to bed.

Nice and clear in Hertfordshire at about 22:00. Set up my telescope and left it to cool down. Came back out shortly after 23:00 and it had completely clouded over. Packed up again just before Midnight as it doesn't look like the clouds are going to shift any time soon. The weather can be such a tease sometimes!

The clouds finally started rolling in over my area of the south east (west sussex) at around 11pm. However, it was thick enough for me to miss Jupiter. Got some nice views of it and managed to see the four moons and I was able to make out a red band that was just below its equator. But that was all I could make out, I was battling with it's visibility because of the cloud cover, it kept diming it, but atleast I got to see it again. :-)

But one thing I must do though is invest in a filter so I can view the moon. Although not full it was surprisingly bright and almost painful on the eyes!

wow!!! had an amazing first proper night with the skywatcher, got to see jupiter and all its moons could see a lot of banding,then on to m13 which was a thousand times better than i had ever seen with my meade 2080, also saw the ring nebula for the first time looked like a donut floating in space, then over to m51 but clouds made it a very faint glow then back to jupiter as the clouds started rolling, all in all i am very pleased with my night especially as it the first time i have ever used an eq mount, also managed to get a shot of jupiter with my iphone,its nowhere as clear as i could see but u can make out the moons,not bad for a phone! http://stargazerslounge.com/members/starstalker-albums-iphone-pics-picture5828-photo.jpg

Was all clear in cambs last night, been cloudy for 2 weeks and yesterday i picked up my new 250px, who would have thought it would have been so clear!!. was such an improvement on my 150p. my favourite m57 looked absolutely amazing. how great after 2 weeks of cabin fever. I have trees to the east so no chance of Jupiter yet :D but in the new scope its gonna be great :mad:

Archived