Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Im so excited!!

steveangel

Just took delivery of my very first telescope! I splashed out on a celstron nexstar 6se and o what a beautiful piece of equipment it is. Iv only ever seen pictures on the internet and now its here in front of me and i cant wait to get out observing!

But, the skies are white! Complete cloud cover and forecasts of rain for the next week! The joys of an english summer!!!

One thing I learnt about the mount for the 6se is that it really chews through AA batteries if that's how you were planning to power it. When the batteries start to run low, rather than powering down, it just starts to behave a bit oddly (hand set resetting and over shooting goto targets) so the first thing I purchased was a power tank.

Nice scope indeed.

It's not all your fault as I got a first scope on sat , since then it's been cloudy...... It's so not fair.

Anyway can't stop .. Off to invent a sky Hoover

Cheers guys, i managed to get a cheap 17ah power tank from maplins for the scope. Bargain at only £25, much more reasonable than the celestron tank which is like £140, and it does exactly the same job!

On offer utill the 10th August if anyone's interested.

I suppose it is better that you all get your new scopes in the summer, so that the cloeds may have scooted orft by Autumn, it is also best to buy them whilst I am out of the country, to help ensure clear skies when I am home, so thanks guys, enjoy (when the time comes).

Archived