Advantages of geting older

Weaker bladder means trip to the loo at about 3:30

Clear skies

Looks like a really bright star in the east souteast (ish) - but suspect something else

Quickly throw scope together in back garden and point it at 'star'

Woweee... Jupiter with her moons strung out like pearls

15 mins viewing then back off to bed :D

Advantages of getting older

1. You can break wind without apologizing and nobody thinks anything of it.:icon_scratch:

2. In my case, you don't need a comb any more - just nasal hair trimmers (which work well on ear hair as well):)

3. You can pretend your hearing's failing when it suits.

As for Jupiter - yes I saw it last week when I got up for the loo. Beautiful sight as ever - If my camera hadn't been in for repair it would have made a lovely photo.

Hee hee, nice one. I got up at abotu 4am this morning and noticed Jupiter looking extremely bright out my bedroom window. Sadly by the time it would've taken me to set my scope up the sun would have risen. Perhaps I should put the scope up tonight in preparation and then set my alarm for 3:30am.

Hee hee, nice one. I got up at abotu 4am this morning and noticed Jupiter looking extremely bright out my bedroom window. Sadly by the time it would've taken me to set my scope up the sun would have risen. Perhaps I should put the scope up tonight in preparation and then set my alarm for 3:30am.

I was thinking the same Tim. I have to be in Nottingham for 9am tomorrow morning. That will mean a 5am start....got me thinking. Clear sky forecast tonight, leave scope out, get up a bit earlier and nail Jupiter/Uranus.

Same here. I saw it at 4am and by 4:30 it had almost been lost in the brightening sky. It was only just over the tops of my trees at 4am.

Think i'll setup early also and set the alarm. Or better yet....................stay up and make the most of the clear skies tonight and go to bed after i observe Jupiter.

My senior moment today was to forget my pin number for the Debit Card, which then got eaten by the cash machine..............and no stars.

But did manage to see Rasalgethi last night for the first time, wonderful colors.

.... yes but it doesn't look as good as it used to :)

I dunno. I kinda think it looks great without its SEB. Its fresh, its new, its hip. LOL.

My only problem is that if i wanna observe it at 4AM before it gets too bright outside that i have to observe it through a window at the back of my house because if i go outside, the trees are too tall and by the time it appears above them its too bright. Whereas indoors i have an extra 10 feet of room and can see it at 4AM above the trees before sky is too bright.

Observing through double glazed windows is not really a good thing.

My senior moment today was to forget my pin number for the Debit Card, which then got eaten by the cash machine..............and no stars.

But did manage to see Rasalgethi last night for the first time, wonderful colors.

Same thing happened to me last week. Luckily i was at the ATM of my local bank so i just went inside and told them and they got my card back for me right a way.

Mmm I noticed it too, only problem is when I wake up the cats wake up, which means the 10 month old kitten starts mioawing at the top of his voice to go outside for the next 45 mins. Arghhhh

Archived