NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Stellarium - v.0.10.5 released

Tim

Just noticed a new improved version of Stellarium is available.

If you haven't used it before, it is a great free program that will show you what is what in the night sky around you, in a very easy to understand interface.

Cheers

Tim

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Finally a stable version that works properly, the previous releases didn't like my graphics card so I had loads of garbled text and numbers.

I had that if I turned the angles plugin installed, turned it off and the text sorted itself out.

I posted a message in the "Heads Up" section. I guess I should have started a new thread. :D

Well, it took a bit longer than a week. :D

Stellarium 0.10.5 has been released.

http://stellarium.org/

http://sourceforge.net/projects/stellarium/

http://launchpad.net/stellarium/

Version 0.10.5 was supposed to be a bug-fix release, cleaning the problems that plagued the rushed 0.10.3 and the incomplete "fix" 0.10.4, but a lot of new stuff crept in. For example, the new Saturn landscape will totally blow the minds of all fans of orange mist. ;)

New in the Telescope Control plug-in (by me):

• A telescope can be slewed to the current centre of the screen with Alt+telescope number.
  • You can now use the "Slew telescope to" window to enter a pair of coordinates and slew a telescope to them.
  • The telescope configuration window has been changed a bit.

New in the Oculars plug-in (by Timothy Reaves):

• Support for camera sensors - the plug-in can now display a rectangular overlay. Use Ctrl+Shift+[ and Ctrl+Shift+] to cycle through the defined sensors.
  • A Telrad circles overlay in the centre of the screen (press Ctrl+B, ocular mode must be switched off).

A reminder: another way of adding Telrad circles is adding a virtual telescope and adding FOV indicators with the necessary values.

Most of the changes in Stellarium itself has been bug fixes.

If you have any graphics problems on Windows, try the "Stellarum (no OpenGL2)" shortcut in Stellarium's Start menu folder. You can also report your graphics card's model and the nature of the problem. (Possible problems: "object information text is displayed as blocks" and "text elsewhere on the screen has distorted or missing characters". These are two different issues, please make it clear which one you have.)

Well just started it up and all the fonts are all over the place, returning to v0.10.4 :D
doesnt work for me either

To quote myself: If you have any graphics problems on Windows, try the "Stellarum (no OpenGL2)" shortcut in Stellarium's Start menu folder.

This version works on my laptop where as the older version didn't, something to do with the graphics card. Very pleased so now I can use Stellarium again.:D

Is anyone out there running Stellarium on Mac OS X with an ATi graphics card, especially my specific case which is a 2006 Mac Pro and an X1900XT card ?

I've got an ongoing critical bug issue running with them...fonts are a complete mess for anything after release 10.2, inverted, broken etc :D

It would be brilliant if someone else could reproduce the same issue

Love the program, using it daily, being able to zoom in on say, Saturn and see the current moon positions and surface details is well impressive :D

cheers

Dave

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: Mac Pro

Model Identifier: MacPro1,1

Processor Name: Dual-Core Intel Xeon

Processor Speed: 2.66 GHz

Number Of Processors: 2

Total Number Of Cores: 4

L2 Cache (per processor): 4 MB

Memory: 5 GB

Bus Speed: 1.33 GHz

Boot ROM Version: MP11.005C.B08

SMC Version (system): 1.7f10

ATI Radeon X1900 XT:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1900

Type: GPU

Bus: PCIe

Slot: Slot-1

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 512 MB

Vendor: ATI (0x1002)

Device ID: 0x7249

Revision ID: 0x0000

ROM Revision: 113-A52027-202

EFI Driver Version: 01.00.202

Displays:

formac TFT 1900 AU3/4:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

L1920P:

Resolution: 1280 x 1024 @ 60 Hz

Pixel Depth: 32-Bit Color (ARGB8888)

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Rotation: Supported

Is anyone out there running Stellarium on Mac OS X with an ATi graphics card, especially my specific case which is a 2006 Mac Pro and an X1900XT card ?

I've got an ongoing critical bug issue running with them...fonts are a complete mess for anything after release 10.2, inverted, broken etc :D

If you are running 0.10.5 now, can you please try opening a terminal and starting Stellarium with the following line?

stellarium --safe-mode

Yep works in safe-mode, opengl .... finally got it to run with the command:

open /Volumes/Moon/Applications/Stellarium.app --args --safe-mode

(where Moon is the name of my Hard Drive)

Thanks, first step forward in getting it going so far :D

cheers

Dave :D

Archived