Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello :)

Nermal

Hi all,

Life long interest in astronomy - just ordered my first scope - a Skywatcher 150p - after going to my local clubs observing session for the first time.

Four nights of clear skys forecast - I'm assuming I won't get the scope until day five :D

Going to learn the sky with it's eq3 mount first then probably upgrade to an eq6 pro after xmas for some astrophotgraphy fun :D

Hi Nermal,

Glad you could come and join us on the forum. Lots of help waiting for your future questions along with the search box at the top of the page for answers to past questions.

Hope you get your shiny new kit before in the next day or so!

Clear skies

James

Bet you can't wait to try it all out - unusual to get clear skies with a new scope it is usually always cloudy with new purchases so a good omen.

JohnH.

Set up and got it outside last night.

Managed to see Saturn's rings (and moons I think), Mars (though no surface detail), Alberio and finished with M13 which was spectacular :D

Glad I went with the cheaper scope and an eq mount to learn with rather than jumping in at the deep end with a bigger GOTO scope - very satisfying when you find the thing you're looking for :D

Hopefully I'm hooked now ;)

Archived