Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Just saying hi

sardaukarr

Hi just registered for the forum and thought id say hi.

I got brought a celestron 130 eq for my birthday (thanks misses)

and pretty much all of the questions ive had ive found answers on this forum so thanks guys :)

no real background in astronomy

having some problems with my starfinder red dot think ive got wonkey eyes so ive ordered a rigel quickfinder which alot of u guys have recommended so lets hope that helps =)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi!

I have just aquired the same scope too! I am well pleased with it.

I found it useful to align in the daytime pointing at a distant tree top etc. I close one eye and use the thumb screws to set the circles together to match the eyepiece image!

Hope this helps!! :)

Hi and welcome to SGL, Sardaukarr. :) To see the finder's circles, try holding your hand a bit to the side of it and shining a red light on your hand, the reflected red light should make the circles glow. I used to do this with finder scope crosshairs and it worked well.

Hi from me. Oh, and thanks Talitha for the tip about seeing the crosshairs in the dark. My first scope has a red dot, so I was trying to get to grips with black crosshairs the other night and gave up in the end.

Archived