Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mark S

Hi,

I'm returning to astronomy after a fair number of years layoff.

I've lurked on here for quite some time but thought it would be a good time to start asking a few questions before investing in new gear.

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark, :)

A warm welcome to you and of course you're right to check out your ideas before investing in some new equipment.

I've been doing that for quite some time now, so my advice would be not to rush it. If budget allows, it's always better to buy once and effectively get your monies worth rather than feeling that you need to get something quick only to feel the need to replace it shortly afterwards. Local observing evenings are useful for this, so are star parties too in order to help bring you up to date with the latest eyepieces etc as quality and costs might have changed since you were last interested. Always try before you buy! :D:headbang:

Wishing you the best of luck in what you eventually decide to get and you certainly won't be short of help from the folks on here, most of them don't bite :)

Regards James

Thanks guys, I'm quite happy to take my time getting back into things, particularly as we're approaching the time of year that offers so few dark hours.

I'm enjoying looking around through some of the older threads relevant to my current situation and totally blown away by the guys in the imaging threads which is quite useful as it has convinced me that AP is probably not for me - I simply haven't that much patience!!

Archived