NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Bought anything from Telescope House this week?

great_bear

Those of you who've purchased from anything Telescope House this week might want to check your Prize Draw cards!

Whoever was 35th in line after I bought my Revelation Binoviewer this week has just won themselves a Meade APO 80mm scope with flightcase! :D

I bought a scope from Telescope House (Meade UK) 5 years ago, it was a pile of doo doo

I'm sure the scope would have been equally bad no matter who you bought it from. Seems a bit harsh to blame Telescope House.

As Meade's importer they're likely obliged to stock all Meade models.

That's no different to blaming David Hinds for a plasticky Celestron scope.

Well I do blame Telescope House as the Bloke who was speaking to me on the phone assured me it was a decent scope with exceptional build quality (Yeah Right !!!) & come to think about it now, he was a bit bias in his opinions, especially when I mentioned "Celestron".

Nadeem...

Well I do blame Telescope House as the Bloke who was speaking to me on the phone assured me it was a decent scope with exceptional build quality

Ah well, fair point then. :D

True, they're salespeople, but you're right: In astronomy, where accessory sales are a major part of the business, it makes more sense to engender customer loyalty than make a quick sale.

I ordered a Powermate from Telescope House and they quoted me £30 to ship it to Ireland, needless to say I cancelled the order immediately as I thought this was scandalous. Telescope-Service in Germany quoted me €18, less than £15.

I'll not be ordering anything from Telescope House again.

The OP was drawing everyone's attention to the opportunity to win prizes at Telescope House.

Two of you have taken the opportunity to criticise TH. If you wish to do this there is a Supplier Reviews board which is moderated to ensure comments are fair and not libellous.

You seem to have beaten me to it Mick.

Mike

• 4 years later...

Hi All, I just made a purchase of a Pier for my son from Telescope House. My orders go back to the days when it was Broadhurst Clarkeson & Fuller. I have always found them to be most ethical and very quick to deliver. Included with this last order was card with the Prize Draw number,but have never been able to find the prize draw results on their Web Page. Must be looking in the wrong place or possibly because I am still using Windows XP

Dave

Archived