NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

19 pane mosaic 22 Apr

jgs001

I decided to go easy on myself last night, and used the C80ED with a 2x and the QHY5v... 19 panes is so much easier ;)

19 panes, 300 frames of 350, stacked and wavelets in regi5.1, merged with iMerge, gentle curves and high pass in GIMP to finish.

22aprmosaic-19pa1500.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks absolutely awesome!

Bit of a noob question here, but just thought I'd be sure. ;) "19 pane mosaic".... that means that you took 19 different images of the moon and then combined them into just this one, correct?

Hey John...ive been looking for a highly detailed manageble sized image of the moon so that i can look at it and decide which part id like to try and get some good close ups of...looks like ive just found my Image..Thanks for posting it John...ps...you can do the other side when ever your ready..no rush:p:D

This really does need to be printed out in a large size, then framed, and hung on a suitable wall in your home...Excellent Image ....Love it!

Thanks very much everyone.

Cat, that's a challenge and a half... I tried some close in imaging with my SLR and it was really hard, Good luck.

Sweetleaf, sort of... Each pane is made up of an AVI stacked in registax that covers a smallish area of the surface. This image each avi is 350 frames, and I used 300 of each.

:D... Cheers Mick, as for the other side... HA!!!! I'll do it, as soon as someone pays for my ticket...

I did print out the 93 pane mosaic I did in January and that came out great. I'm wondering what to get printed out next... it might be this of the 22 pane mosaic I did a couple of nights after.

Definitely one of the best...

Is the vertical streaking (like a comb effect more noticeble in the darker areas) a characterisic of the QHY5?

I have often thought about getting a QHY5 as a 3rd backup quide/lunar cam more so now that I have the guided widefield setup to play with...

Peter...

Thanks guys...

Peter... I'm not sure... I think with this one, I had the USB cable running along the back of the laptop so it might have been interference from there. I have had images without that lining on it. I need to try and work out what the cause is, in a more reasoned way, but if I do that, I won't be getting data... :D

Agreed, but as they are on the 22 pane mosaic also, and I didn't route the cable behind the laptop on that occasion it's not that. It may well be that until the full software releases are made (still on beta versions at the moment) it'll be like this. Or perhaps it's in the nature of the sensor. I need to raise it to QHY.. I'm sure my account on their forum was activated...

Archived