NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M101 6hrs - SGL5

JCJC

This is my only image from Lucksall. Had two great nights fri and sat, everything worked well. Apart from a slight scare when the 350d wouldn't turn on,

turned out the soldering on the power cable had fallen apart ;) . Luckily my dad is handy with things like that and fixed it!

Went for M101 in the end, hoped the dark skies would help out with this faint target.

Imaged with modded 350D and ED80, guided with webcam and ST80.

60 x 6min subs, 6hrs. Darks, flats and bias frames used. Stacked in DSS processed in CS3.

Thanks to RobH for going through deconvolution with me, this has 3 iterations applied.

4538547046_20b82fde48_o.jpg

Quite a few M101 pics at the mo! Could try combining a few?

Thanks for looking,

Jordan.

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. ;)

It was nice to meet you to Daz, forgot to mention this was with the WO 0.8x field flattener/reducer II.

There are quite a few fuzzies in there...

Thanks,

Jordan

Very deep; look at that rogue extended arm. It is far wider than I realized.

(BTW I hope you wrote down what Rob said about deconvolution because all it ever does for me is send my images into a frenzy of splodges! You can fill me in when I see you in the summer...)

Good stuff.

Olly

Archived