NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from rural Suffolk

knightsky

Hello to all SGL members,

I'm returning to astronomy after a gap of more than 20 years. I started out in West London with a Charles Frank 4in Newt ..complete with spherical primary :headbang: I managed to get some reasonable barlow projected lunar shots (sadly lost during a house move) with a delensed film camera. The curved film plane probably helped a bit.

Now I'm faced with the likes of goto mounts, modified DSLRs, and Registrax:icon_scratch:. I am keen to use my new SW120ed ds pro and existing Canon 400D for DSO imaging. I realise that I have a huge mountain to climb, but feel confident that I will get there with the help of the fantastic resource of information and friendly advice on SGL:D

I'll be posting some questions once I've had a chance to do some more catching up:)

With best wishes to all,

Martin

Welcome on board!

By coincidence my first "real" telescope some 40 odd years ago was a 2" spectacle lens/ cardboard tube/ rubber eyepiece from Charles Frank in Glasgow...saved my pocket money for a while for that one!!

How times change!

Archived