Stargazers Lounge Uses Cookies

Like most websites, SGL uses cookies in order to deliver a secure, personalised service, to provide social media functions and to analyse our traffic. Continued use of SGL indicates your acceptance of our cookie policy.

sgl_imaging_challenge_banner_solar_25_winners.thumb.jpg.fe4e711c64054f3c9486c752d0bcd6f2.jpg

wulfrunian

Wolves and Black Country observing group...

I can't make it again this weekend.:D

But I should be here next weekend.:eek:

And I may bring a fellow observer (or two).:evil6::)

I can't make it again this weekend.:D

But I should be here next weekend.:eek:

And I may bring a fellow observer (or two).:evil6::)

I will have my new mount next saturday, so im praying and begging for clear skies!

this weekend is not possible im afraid guys, in sheffield... but I have scope with me as I was expecting clear skies so off to the moors for me, hopefully for some nice dark skies!

Sorry you cant make it SpaceTrace but clear skies to you in Sheffield. Goatsmilk and myself are going for an 20.30 till late session. Anyone else?

OK

Sorry you cant make it SpaceTrace but clear skies to you in Sheffield. Goatsmilk and myself are going for an 20.30 till late session. Anyone else?

OK

typica 1st time in ages clear skys and im mountless!!!! but i get new one next sat so will def see you next clear skies

Hi all.

Stuart (Mr GoatsMilk) and myself managed to get out last night and do a spot of observing. The skies weren't ideal with 30-60% cloud cover for most of the night with a slight mist/haze high up in the atmos. However, with a flask of tea and a couple of Red Bulls we did manage to use our scopes and have a bit of fun. DSO's were out of the question so we turned our attentions to what was easily available. We managed to look at the Moon, Mars and a few stars and star fields with M42 thrown in for good measure. It was a pretty good start to our little local observing sessions which was rewarded with the showpiece of the night ------Saturn. What a stunning planet.

Eventually, cloud spread thick and fast and at about 12.30 we just had to give up. Shame really.

Unfortunately though, I am sorry that a couple of folk couldn't make it so lets hope for another clear weekend where we can all get together and have some fun.

Clear skies

OK

Hi all.

Stuart (Mr GoatsMilk) and myself managed to get out last night and do a spot of observing. The skies weren't ideal with 30-60% cloud cover for most of the night with a slight mist/haze high up in the atmos. However, with a flask of tea and a couple of Red Bulls we did manage to use our scopes and have a bit of fun. DSO's were out of the question so we turned our attentions to what was easily available. We managed to look at the Moon, Mars and a few stars and star fields with M42 thrown in for good measure. It was a pretty good start to our little local observing sessions which was rewarded with the showpiece of the night ------Saturn. What a stunning planet.

Eventually, cloud spread thick and fast and at about 12.30 we just had to give up. Shame really.

Unfortunately though, I am sorry that a couple of folk couldn't make it so lets hope for another clear weekend where we can all get together and have some fun.

Clear skies

OK

Glad you had fun im still praying for clear skies next sat!!!

Glad you had a good night :evil6: hoping to get there soon!

I had an early evening session at home tonight, as I'm in work early tomorrow - lucky I did, as the clouds rolled in when they weren't supposed to! Lots of moisture in the air and around 50% cloud from the start, but clear enough for a few targets, and more to the point, to try out that XW30. Haven't got time for a full write-up now, just to say that it was very very nice indeed :eek: can't wait to try it out on a nice dark sky!

Hope next weekend is good for you folks, and fingers crossed for the week after for me to join you there :D

• Like 1

Hi all just read through the posts sounds good can I join I live in worcester and can bring a scope.

Hi all just read through the posts sounds good can I join I live in worcester and can bring a scope.

Yes, more the merrier, be good to get a regular group of us going.

Just got back from my first attempt at snowboarding in the Cairngorms (and staring jealousy at their dark skies every evening!) and would love to come along to the next session. Wulfrunian I'll pm you my details.

Hi Vince66.

Good to see you have your scope back in working order. during the week we will be looking at what the possible weather might be on Saturday night and if promising, then we post on the forum or pm to individuals who are interested in coming along and having a bit of fun with their scopes. If you would like to pm your details to Steve-bham, Wulfrunian or myself, we would be happy to forward details of where we are currently observing. Just watch this space. :eek:

OK

Should be able to make it this weekend!! lets PRAAAYYYY for clear Skies!!! I may need some help carrying my stuff although there is not a lot I have torn my hamstring and may struggle!

Ouch. I bet that hurt ? Hope you didn't cry !!!:eek:

Lets hope you get better soon...

I have plenty of room in my motor if thats any good ?

All the best

OK

PMs for Haitch and Vince :eek:

Ouch indeed spacetrace, you're definitely observing sitting down at the moment then?! Did you get clear skies in Sheffield?

Cheers Michael. Just praying for clear skies now but not looking hopeful. I'll bet we don't get a good night between now and my next trip away on 6th March!

Sorry peeps you can blame me for the cloudy weather as i picked up my new CG5-GT mount today :)

Lets hope its clear tomorrow