NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Remember why I do this hobby - tonight !

Telescope40

Hi All. After wot seems like months of frustration, how good has tonites observing session been. Fantastic ;) Set up scope at about 7pm. Started viewing about 7.30. I have just come in. Nice and warm while out. No wind. Cuppa about 9 pm was excellent.

Observed a miriad of sights including a couple of new one's. Well chuffed with NGC 2264 - Christmas tree cluster and think I got a glimpse of NGC 2261 - Hubble's Variable Nebula. Mars was looking good. Syrtis Major seen for first time, I hope. Tonites session will keep me happy now as sure thats it for a while, once the clouds find out I outwitted them. Hope anyone out earlier, or who is still at the business end of their scope right now, has had similar feelings about this hobby that I have just had.

Clear skies to all. John :)

lol - I know the feeling - I am "out" too, well the scope is doing its thing and I am warm inside... controlling it from the study...

periods of quickly passing cloud but lovely between them - roll on some cold clear weather again next week....

OK i can understand the complaint from Wales about cloud but CHINA????

That must be one hell of a HUGE cloud bank.

I think they condense them in Swansea, containerise them then ship them over here. I believe it is so that all those China Shipping containers aren't returned M/T after they've been unloaded of ipods, laptops, PCs, cameras, telescopes, TVs, etc. etc. etc.........

Yeah - it was a goodn' last night! Great to read that someone had fun out there. :)

It was clear as a bell last night but the neighbours had their incredibly bright porch light on last night. You were blinded eveytime you tried to look up.

They had it on because they were expecting a visitor...and I suppose the visitor's safe passage down the path (anyone heard of those newfangled things called torches?) was more important than mine and my son's observing session.

The neighbours are usually very considerate but it was ironic it had to be on the last clear night before the cloud settles in...

We did consider packing up and driving to a dark place...but I can't justify the high petrol prices at the moment!

C'est La Vie!

I think they condense them in Swansea, containerise them then ship them over here.

If so, we're only returning what you send us ... the clouds we get escape every time we open cardboard boxes containing goods "Made in China".

Archived