Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Atik Imaging Competition

FLO

Apologies for not having mentioned this earlier, First Light Optics has only just become an Atik dealer (more on that later).

Atik run an annual imaging competition and this year's prizes are the best so far!

1st Prize: Atik 314L+ CCD camera and 2x free nights accommodation at Les Granges Astronomy Farmhouse in Provence, which includes imaging tuition and two evening meals of 'fine French cuisine'.

2nd Prize: Choice of either an Atik 16IC CCD Camera or Atik Filter Wheel.

Considering this late mention, and to give SGL members a chance to participate, the closing date of the competition has been extended to 22nd January.

Please send entries direct to: competition@atik-cameras.com

Good Luck :)

atik_imaging_competition.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes :mad:

The 314L+, 16IC and filter wheels will be added to our website tonight, the remainder over the next few days. The first of our deliveries should arrive later this week or early next. There are also a number of new cameras and an off-axis guider in the pipeline. I shall be announcing them all here in the sponsors section soon :)

Most of you will have spotted that the B&B at Les Granges is Olly Penrice's place :)

There is a certain irony... :eek:

I guess if you send in something taken with an earlier Atik-16 and win a 314L+ then you are going to be pretty chuffed, and you'll have two nights under Olly's dark sky to christen it :)

Price has not been officially set but we are expecting it to be around £180-200. First deliveries will arrive around mid-Feb.

There is a heck of a lot of interest in this new OAG so I had better start swatting up!

HTH :)

We're not in the 'convincing' business :)

:D:D:D:D

My problem is that my autoguiding works pretty well at the moment, and allthough I'd love to reduce the weight on the mount by removing the TAL100, I don't want to shell out a couple of hundred quid for something that may not be as effective as my current method....I suppose seeing one being set up at a star party is what I need to do. ;)

That new camera looks the business by the way!

Cheers

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

Just received this from Atik:

The Atik Imaging contest for 2010 is now open for voting. Don’t miss the opportunity to take part.

Using the links below you can view the entries in each of the 3 categories. Make a note of those you would like to vote for and send the entry numbers (listed before the astronomers name in the description screen) to Competition@Atik-cameras.com You can vote for as many entries as you like.

Closing date for voting is March 31st.

Section 1 (Atik 16IC etc)

Section 2 (Atik 314 etc)

Section 3 (Atik large format cameras)

If you entered, good luck ;)

• 1 month later...

Archived