NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

something very large has just arrived

i wonder what it could be :icon_eek:

pictures etc to follow, not going to touch it now as i've done a night shift and want to to bright eyed and bushy tailed to unpack / assemble it

anyway literally as it was being delivered, the forecast storms arrived complete with the darkest cloud i've seen for ages so no rush :)

I will start - a 10" Dob ???

correct sir :) no prize i'm afraid

i've had a sleep and something to eat so now im having a coffee and then i will start to assemble it. ( ok i'm sort of putting it off, more nervous than a male black widow spider on a first date :icon_eek: )

weil,its cloudy now but it's looking more promising in abit. managed to set the finder using jupiter, got a bit distracted by how much light a finder that size sucks in, then got even more distracted looking at jupiter, tried a 25mm, then a televue 8mm and finally the 8mm with a 3 X barlow, which was pushing the skies a bit too much. anyway remembered the idea was to look around a bit more and went for M31. very impressed with the view in the 25mm and oh look there's M110 as well, very impressed but it doesn't seem quite as bright now, bothered to look up to realise that there was thin cloud overhead so even more impressed with it's light gathering abilities :icon_eek:

just unpacked the wixey so it'll be interesting to see how well it works ( i also got a magnetic spirit level to ensure i zero the wixey accurately, i'll give more details on that in the future ) but the wixey seems to know what it's measuring.

EDIT: almost forgot i had the shock of my life when a firework exploaded in my field of view

Good to hear that it has arrived and is already in use :icon_eek:

i had the shock of my life when a firework exploded in my field of view

I set some fireworks off for Nette and the kids tonight. The rain was coming in so I thought I'd quickly finish with the largest rocket. Up it went, quite spectacular, we all then rushed in as the rain began. I was last and just about to enter the house when the rocket crashed back down to earth, less that 2-feet from me :)

Good to hear that it has arrived and is already in use :icon_eek:

forgot to says thanks before so e thanks FLO

the fedex guy was curious to know what was causing him so much trouble and was interested as he lives in a dark location, gave him your details and told him about here so you never know..... :)

the fedex guy was curious to know what was causing him so much trouble and was interested as he lives in a dark location, gave him your details and told him about here so you never know..... :icon_eek:

Must be something about these FedEx guys. The one that delivered my Dob was Italian, kept asking about what it was and what I would be able to see through it. Then, when my 200P arrived, my Wife was at home and Mr FedEx proudly announced to her that the box, "Is for Husband, is telescope" ( in an Italian accent)

Its good to know some of these delivery guys have an interest in what they are delivering and take a bit of care. I recently returned a faulty SW ED100. DHL picked it up and even though it had bright red Fragile tape all over it, it got thrown in on top of the spare wheel in his van! FedEx delivered the new one though so I knew it was safe.

Allan

Allan

Archived