Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

is this fate ?

i've been trying to work out what to buy next and was torn between going down the imaging route with an eq6 or the visual route with a nice dob. anyway decided that visual came first as eyes aren't getting any younger and i can always image when i've lost a star or 2 in pleiades

anyway next decission was what size dob, 10" or 12", heart said 12", brain said 10" and then i can buy extras pretty soon after.

so plan was to cough up £389 for a skywatcher 250px dob but when? xmas is coming up and i never like to be working to a cash limit on family presents so although i'd have liked to have got it soon as a combined birthday / xmas present to my self i'd pretty well decided to leave it till january.

post man just called, 3 letters for me, and a load of adverts etc ( funny how they always get through )

first letter is the ticket to see ed mitchel replacing the ticket for jim lovell, which was cancelled, plus a cheque for £10 to cover the difference. :D

second letter was a refund on car insurance after they were persuaded to re asses the risk, a cheque for £100 :p:)

third letter was from works head office :(, turned out to be my expenses claim from febuary which i had given up on, a cheque for £279 :D:):D

now if my maths is correct £10 + £100 + £279 = £389. now where have i seen that figure before? :p

wait a week till they're on their way to being cleared and then its on the phone to steve ;):hello2:

Well Ive neva been 1 for believing in such things, but after just reading your post, I'm beginning to believe. lol. My left hand was iching like hell last night, and as the old saying goes, if you left hand iches then you are going to receive some money. Guess they got the person mixed up.lol

Hope to read a review of your new scope when you get it Tinvek

Andy

there's a funny little chap with redskin, horns and a spikey tail that keeps appearing on my shoulder and pointing out that since i was going to buy a 250 anyway i should put the extra to it and buy a 300 :(

i've got a week to resolve this ;)

just tto clarify my dilema, originally i decided to wait till january for the scope but i now can either bet a 350 in november or wait till january for a 300 (or i could get a 300 now and give everyone an orange for xmas :( )

(( thats one orange each, i'm not a skinflint ;) ))

No, you see, you did the maths all wrong. You should have decided to wait till January for the 12" Dob at £629. That way, the cheques / expenses / refund would have come to....exactly £629! Simples..

Allan

No, you see, you did the maths all wrong. You should have decided to wait till January for the 12" Dob at £629. That way, the cheques / expenses / refund would have come to....exactly £629! Simples..

Allan

In a quiet "devilish" voice....... Go on Tinvek, you know it make sense ;)

The numbers add up too well, something is in control!

Archived