NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A new social group - East Midlands Stargazers

Doc

I would like to introduce a new astronomy society that has been set up by myself Doc and Cosmic Dave, it's called "East Midlands Stargazers" and is a social group for stargazers based in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire, Leicestershire, and Lincolnshire.

East Midland Stargazers has been formed for amateur stargazers to chat, swap ideas and periodically meet up in different areas of the East Midlands for informal observing and imaging sessions.

If you would like to become a member and enjoy the company of stargazers within your area please follow the link to our social group forum and register your interest.

Stargazers Lounge - East Midlands Stargazers

Look forward to hearing from you.

Doc & Cosmic Dave

Things seem to be going well with the group Mick. The group covers a massive area so we have plenty of observing sites to choose from,it should be a laugh !!

Anyone wanting to join the group is welcome its free and makes Astronomy more fun. ;)

Hi I've just joined.

Here is abit about myself.

I am a 48 year old, who has been observing since my early teens, after a glimpse through a neighbours 10"

homebuilt truss F8 Newtonian - what a monster it seemed.

After looking at Saturn, the moon, Jupiter and M13, I was hooked.

Then started the long road in pursuit of optical satisfaction, starting with a 60mm refractor, then a 8" F6 home built Newtonian,

a 12" F4 purchased OTA, and then finally, 2 years a go a C9.25 SCT on a HEQ5 mounting.

Recently, I've traded my kit in for a NEQ6 and Skywatcher 300P flexitube auto dob (got the OTA working on the NEQ6 mounting too).

Like viewing everything, but have a leaning towards planets and double stars.

Thanks for the forum ;)

Thanks everyone. Already at 17 members so doing really well. Hopefully we will have one observing session every month and one large star party once a year.

Of course this is still in it's infancy so lets not run before we can walk but it's looking promising.

Anyone else fancy joining.

Archived