SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

NGC7331 L* new data added*

MikeD

Hi all.

A bit of a changeable night last night, according to SAT24 I was sitting right on the edge of the wrong side of the east west cloud divide.:)

But I did find myself on the right side between 22:08 and 22:38 after that didn't look good, so I closed up the obs and went in.

It cleared again at 00:15 so I set up again for another run but NGC7331 hid behind the roof of the obs at 01:27.

So with setup time x2 I managed to grab 17 subs @ 5 min's, it's good data but I need more of it so I can push the background harder and show up the background galaxies better.

NGC7331 (as requested by Alan ( moocher);) )

17 @ 5 min's through my 10" newt and HX916 CCD, guidded with an 80Ed DMK21 and EQ6

Mike.

post-13376-133877404996_thumb.jpg

Cheers all.:)

lets hope the weather clears for a few more subs.

It's not looking good for tonight kevin.:)

Are you planning to grab some colour too?

Rob

Yes rob, RGB and maybe some HA to mix with the red to help kill the LP and also mix with the red as a lighten layer( if there is any ha regions comming through).

I'm a bit jealous of your 'L' data though, I got some red & green then it clouded over:( Need some blue and Lum to finish it!

Cheers,

Rich.

Looking forward to the result when you get the data needed.;)

All the best

Mike.

Quite a vew galaxies there Mike. Very nice indeed.

yes Mick, a lot more than skymap pro shows up, below is a map from skymap (GRAY) added to my image as a layer and some more I see

(red).

More data and I am sure more will come through.

Mike.

post-13376-133877405132_thumb.jpg

Hi All.

Unexpected clear skies last night, I'm not sure when it cleared, but I noticed at around midnight. So a quick scramble to grab some more data before NGC7331 hid behind the roll off roof @ around 01:20am.

I got another 13 x 5 minute subs to add to the L for this, so the total now is 30 @ 5 min's.

The extra data has gone a long way to cleaning up the background so Iam pleased.

Mike.

post-13376-133877406041_thumb.jpg

Archived