Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Two new objects!

Sam

Just got in from a neat time outside with the 16" Lightbridge. I was going to do some imaging but it's a bit windy so I managed to convince Mrs LB to come outside and take a look at the evening sky. We started out with M13 then swung around to M57 before popping over to M27. Mrs LB got to see some of the structure in M27. The next stop was a bit of galaxy viewing starting with M31, M110 and M32 and then quick nosey at M33. To make things tricky we then had a wee look at NGC891 to test Mrs LB's averted vision skills.

The next was a new one with Uranus just starting to appear through the trees. The bluey disk was quite clear, great to see the planet as I haven't seen this before and Mrs LB got to see it as well. We then had a look at the Wild Duck Cluster, the Double Cluster and spent quite a bit of time looking at Jupiter. Whilst having a nosey at the Wild Duck Cluster I had a quick look at NGC6760 a brightish glob a little up from the Wild Duck Cluster which I haven't seen before. This evening I only had to look up where Uranus and NGC6760 were, everything else was from the goto in my head.:D

Sam

reading all these stories of people viewing things and having fun I just can't wait to get my telescope!

i've been looking forward to this holiday in egypt, see the pyramids, cairo museum, but now i'm almost wishing it would come and go quickly so I could buy my scope and get started on my own!

.... so I could buy my scope and get started on my own!

Hi Sunwind,

Just a quick point. You may have noticed the general rule that when someone buys a new 'scope it is usually accompanied by thick cloud cover! :) Therefore, could you please warn all of us here on SGL when this purchase is to take place, so that we can prepare for the worst!:);)

Stef

Sounds like you guys had fun! I'm glad you got to enjoy the time with your wife. My relationship with Carl has changed for the better since I also was bitten by the bug. I'm just glad I am Dobserver now instead of just plain old Mrs Dark Knight....;)

Steph

Sounds like you really know your way around the sky!

What eyepeice did you use for 891? I find a lower to medium eyepiece is actually better than a high power on this object..

Mark

I use a 26mm usually which I find is great on the galaxies. I only crank up the eyepieces on globs, planetary nebs, moon and planets - also if I'm trying to get something more out of the brighter galaxies.

Archived