Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

What was Kelling like?

Doc

We had a great time, got sloshed on Thursday night, led astray by those wicked SGL guys and girls. learnt a little bit about proccessing from those clever SGL people. Had my Celestron C8 collumated by TJ after replacing the old screws with Bobs Knobs. Had a fantastic sunday evening observing with Linton, using his 20" obsession.

We actualy managed to put the awning up without serious injury or divorce proceedings and Mrs Bob cooked the most melt in the mouth steak 'ever'. Yep it was a good'n.

post-13880-133877400581_thumb.jpg

post-13880-133877400589_thumb.jpg

Wobbly Bob could be heard trundling around the field all night, and a quick sweep of the field with a red torch would show up Bob in his reflective "Tron" coat from 400 yards away :o

Ah yes 'Stealth Bob' as he was renamed. It's definately the people that make a star party. I'll second Jon, the best one I've ever been to, I don't think I've laughed so much for a long time, just as well SGL had their own little corner!

Steve..

I too am still recovering.

A few of us arrived on Thursday and the telescopes started to appear in the telescope pitches.

ant-albums-star-parties-picture2884-img-6611.jpg

More telescopes appeared.

ant-albums-star-parties-picture2886-img-6613.jpg

Thursday night was cloudy, but we all sat around eating, drinking and being generally merry! Some were soo funny...

Martin got the hump because no one wanted his pringles :o

The next day more people arrived. Including a giant dob!

ant-albums-star-parties-picture2887-img-6615.jpg

A few more images pver the weekend...

ant-albums-star-parties-picture2888-img-6616.jpg

Most people left on the Sunday so the remaining scopes huddled together. This is the telescope pitches as the sun was sinking on the Sunday night.

ant-albums-star-parties-picture2889-img-6619.jpg

Ant

Trust me, I`m a doctor! You have a loose head, I`ll have to operate...

20090920_kelling_07.jpg

Jon's setup, plus Ron and Mike were so jealous of Daz's own toilet tent that they decided they wanted their own one much closer to their pitch area.

20090920_kelling_08.jpg

Somehow, Paxo's Starlight Xpress H36 and my Borg 77 fitted together. Here they are during daylight whilst taking darks. (Working on the image this produced, have some "issues" with it that need sorting!)

20090920_kelling_09.jpg

Lunator, before he realised I really was going to take a photo from this close

20090920_kelling_10.jpg

Enjoyed the event as much as ever. Friday night not bad, Saturday night not so good. Great to see familiar faces and make some new acquaintances too.

Lasting memory will be that MONSTER TEC 200 refractor at the top of the red field. Its not often you a scope that dwarfs an AP1200 mount but that one did.

Archived