Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

The ISS

Bazooka style with the 10 inch newt at prime, image taken with my DMK21 @ 60 frames per second on Saturday the 19th @ around 7:53pm.

I only managed to get 4 single frames from the whole pass with the ISS still enough to see any detail, even those have some blurring but I am spurred on to give it another try.

Mike.

post-13376-133877399586_thumb.jpg

Thank's Amanda but the scene was more like the lads from dads army had been given an anti aircraft gun and told to shoot down enemy planes, I think I hit thoes 4 frames by chance .:o

next time I hope to get a few frames to stack.

Mike.

Well done. I've started tracking the ISS using my 12" dob and as I get better at keeping it in the eyepiece, I'm starting to see some structure :o Next thing will be to try imaging it whilst tracking it in the telrad.... I'll need to be spot on for that.

BTW, how did you judge the exposure - it looks really good :)

BTW, how did you judge the exposure - it looks really good :o

I set the exposure so jupiter was very dark and my wife came out with me and watched the screen while I was tracking and she knocked the exposuer down from 1/92 i had it set on to 1/102 during the capture.

I will have a look at Jupiter with these setting and let you know.

Mike.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived