Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

cracking advert

tinvek

stumbled on this earlier

6" NEWTONIAN REFLECTOR TELESCOPE WHITE TRIPOD 1400mm on eBay (end time 10-Sep-09 18:45:00 BST)

love the fantastic picture of the way the OTA is balanced and how he's intently studying the trees plus the "most rigid and stable in its price range" mount and the "star map" that shows the sun's planets and the odd comet :D

Observe hundreds of galaxies, nebulae, and star clusters of all types your very first night out, and hundreds more the next night out, simply by observing through your new telescope. Watch as the telescope moves effortlessly and smoothly from major planet to asteroid to galaxy to nebula with the flexible slow moving controls on each axis, placing every object in the center of the telescopic field. Study fine fault lines on the moon, structural detail in jupiter's cloud belts a

Gosh I wonder if he will take my NexstarSE8 in part ex:D:hello2::):hello2:

I need something like this

i too wondered about the 1/8th wave.

no chance its 1/8th PV. Possibly 1/8th RMS. which is actually pretty bad.

a standard skywatcher is around 1/4 PV and 1/25 RMS.....

whats worse though, someone will buy this carp.

Thats what makes me annoyed. I bet so many people are put of because they buy rubbish scopes and think it's the hobby thats rubbish instead of their scope.

Absolutely!! I've learn so much since I've been here. forums are always the 1st port of call if I need to know something about something.

I like his description "Watch as the telescope moves effortlessly and smoothly from major planet to asteroid to galaxy to nebula" it makes it sound like it comes with its own ballet soundtrack - made me chuckle :)

stumbled on this earlier

6" NEWTONIAN REFLECTOR TELESCOPE WHITE TRIPOD 1400mm on eBay (end time 10-Sep-09 18:45:00 BST)

love the fantastic picture of the way the OTA is balanced and how he's intently studying the trees plus the "most rigid and stable in its price range" mount and the "star map" that shows the sun's planets and the odd comet :)

Must be a very cheap price range, and I'd like to know how they achieve a 1400mm f/l with that tube. I'd be curious to see one close up, but not £136 worth of curious. If they have a barlow stuck in the focuser the mirror may not even be parabolic, as with an effective f/9.3 ratio, they may be able to get away with a spherical mirror.

The mount looks about an EQ1. It's probably all trash.

I think there is worse.

6" Seben Big Boss 1400-150 Telescope New on eBay (end time 10-Sep-09 19:00:00 BST)

Sebens - translated from (I assume) German by the Chinese or Korean?

makes proud me of the english i can speek :)

I do believe I'm going to faint! They are showing a picture of a short-tube Newtonian and claiming it's a catadioptric. I'm ill! Some poor jerk will fall for that.

Archived