Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC 63 in HA again. But prettier :)

Whippy

This imaging lark is killing me! Commitments meant that I didn't get in until 11 last night so a bit of a late start and you have to make the most of it don't you....

I thought it'd be nice to have gather some more data on IC63 that I had a crack on Tuesday and it's made a nice difference :). I've added another 2hrs 40mins' worth of exposure time to it so there's a grand total of 6hrs and 10 mins here.

IC 63. Total exposure time 6hrs 10 (37x10 mins) taken by an Atik 16hr with an Astronomik 13Nm Ha filter in the nosepiece through a WO FLT98. Guided by a WO ZS66, QHY5 and PHD, all sitting on top of an EQ6 pro. Stacked in DSS and processed in Photoshop.

Tony..

post-13439-133877391893_thumb.jpg

Cheers guys, have to say I'm pretty chuffed with this one, it's definately in the 'not bad' pile :).

Jon, I'm beginning to think Cassiopeia is a 'lucky' constellation for me as there's been a few occasions now when it's been by no means guaranteed clear but I've managed to grab a few hours' worth of time for that part of the sky :). Believe me mate, if I could offer a sacrifce to guarantee clear skies for the south cambs/north beds area, I would!

Tony..

IC63 will henceforth be known as the Reaper Nebula or Tony's Reaper.

Nice pic - very ethereal (and not just because it looks like a picture of the grim reaper). I'll have to give that one a try myself one day.

James

Thanks everyone :), because this one is pretty faint I've got a definate sense of achievement with it and I thought it'd be better I didn't come over Daz as I didn't want to hog the hog so to speak!

Tony..

Archived