Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Pacman Hide and Seek

Beyond_Vision

I set up my kit just before dark as the satellite images looked promising for clear skies but had to wait until 12:15am for it to clear. After a bit of flaffing around I framed NGC281 as best I could, 3 ten minute subs later more clouds. Another look at the satellite images showed small patches of cloud. So I decided to take a few darks until it passed. I then fell asleep and woke up at gone 2.00am to clear skies. I could have kicked myself as I may have missed a few possible subs. I then set the rig off again and cat napped until 4.15am.

All in all I managed to get 14 x 10 minute subs. 

beyondvision-albums-deep-sky-picture2359

Regards

Kevin

Ah, you are playing with my new best friend Kevin. I nearly phoned you last night to check how clear it actually was once the clouds cleared, it took till gone midnight to get clear here.

Do you still have your data from kelling last year on this one? You could combine the two in registar, might make for an interesting combo.

I still need another 8 hours or so on Pacman, but the weather has been terrible, so i'm glad you managed to get a nice shot in a fraction of the time!

I tried to stack 14 x 10mins and 14 x 5mins from a previous run at Kelling last September. For some reason even though I hadn't set any reject level in DSS it wouldn't stack all of the Kelling data along with Sunday morning's. In the end it was 14 x 10 mins plus 6 x 5mins from Kelling. The image was then post processed from scratch the Nebula is marginally improved but I think the star field is better this time.

Regards

Kevin

Wonderful Kevin. Really rich colour. It jumps out of the screen at you :)

Looking between the images, I think the nebula, particularly the centre, is better in the first image, but the starfield is much tighter in the second.

Cheers

Rob

Archived