Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Dorset

Spence

Hello to you all, i thought it was about time i registered and introduced myself as i have been browsing this forum for quite some time.

I live in Dorset, just outside Shaftesbury, where the skies are pretty dark (when the clouds allow it).

I have had a scope for just over 18 months now (first a 75mm reflector and now a skywatcher 254mm reflector on a dobsonian mount) and have only really viewed the moon and planets (although i am hoping to catch sight of some faint fuzzies)

I decided a while ago that carrying a large scope out every time i wanted to observe was spoiling my enjoyment. – Nothing worse than getting everything ready only to see clouds come rolling in – so i built what could be loosely termed an observatory. – Pictures below show you that it isn’t up to the standard of others i have seen on here, but it serves me well and means i can observe in relative comfort.

Look forward to learning from all of you and hopefully one day i will have learnt enough to help others.

post-16922-133877387693_thumb.jpg

post-16922-133877387701_thumb.jpg

Hello and welcome, from across the border, North Perrott in South Somerset. I got the same tube as you:hello2:

Obsy is next on the list now I can use the camera with it;)

Regards

Keithp

Welcome to SGL Spence :) that's a lovely looking obsy you've got there, it'll enhance your viewing sessions so much :D Good luck with the faint fuzzy hunting - any problems finding them post in our 'Observing' board, I've had so much help in that area of the forum during my search for fuzzies it has proved invaluable :p

Looking forward to your posts.

Thanks for all the nice welcomes...

Tony (Saturn1) - i did the same thing originally... didn't go well, rain seemed to find its way through every barrier i put up to stop it... In the end i binned the idea and went with the version i have now... That reminds me, i must fix that shed roof!

Archived