Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Skymax 150 & 180 PRO Reduced!

The Skywatcher Skymax 150 PRO and Skymax 180 PRO Maksutov telescopes are now available at heavily reduced prices.

As far as we can tell it is for no reason other than they have last year's colour scheme!

PROMAK180OTA.jpg

Both are high-power, high contrast, high resolution telescopes that are perfect for lunar, planetary and double-star enthusiasts.

The Skymax 180 PRO in particular is quite superb! It is difficult to say how good it is without slipping into cliche and hyperbole. Suffice to say that if I didn't already own one I would buy another.

Please see our website for further information and uptodate prices.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You're a bad man Steve :) I've fancied one of those 180's for ages.

Well that makes two of us- some serious thinking to be done in the next few days I think !:)

Any idea how much they each weigh Steve ?? I've only got the HEQ5 Pro and won't be upgrading-the 180 would be an XLNT planet killer ( thinking of Jupiter nxt year )

I think it needs a 2" visual back adapter that I've seen at Rother Valley Optics. Then add a screw on 2" accessory tube and you can insert a 2" diagonal, or even a 2" Crayford focuser, focal reducer, etc. I understand that the light path does not provide full illumination over a 2" field though so some vignetting will occur. As far as I know from online reading, anyway.

And yes, it is tempting, isn't it...

Hi Folks,

Having had a range of scopes,

Pro 100ed SW

12" 5.4 D hinds dob

5" Wildey lens achro refractor,

10" orion optics

6" orion optics

I can state that the Skymax 180 knocks the socks off of all of them in giving me razor sharpness and contrast (F15!)

I use a Denk II binoviewer with breath taking results.

Yes I brought the SCT adapter from VRO which allows me to use my WO 2" Diagonal.

You will not be disapointed (especially at his price point)

I agree with the 'Apo like performence' tag given by some.

Also cool has not been an issue.

Enjoy!!!

Paul

Yes, it will take a SCT Crayford. The 10:1 fine focus comes in handy for lunar/ planetary imaging but I don't bother with it for visual as it adds a fair bit of weight to the back end of the scope.

Def. a luxury mod rather than a nessesity(sp) mod IMHO.

Any idea how much they each weigh Steve ?? I've only got the HEQ5 Pro and won't be upgrading-the 180 would be an XLNT planet killer ( thinking of Jupiter nxt year )

The shipping weights are 6kg and 8kg for the 150 and 180 respectively. I haven't got the OTA weights I'm afraid but if you subtract half-1Kg to cover packaging from those you'll be pretty close.

The 180 gave us some nice views of Jupiter at the last Kelling, even though Jupiter was bouncing along the treetops and we used it on an EQ5 so an HEQ5 should be fine.

James

Archived