NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Newbie!

steve_bham

Hi there,

Im a newbie to your site and always had a keen interest in Astronomy, so thought id sign up and say "hello"

Not got a telescope yet so expect loads of questions from me :).

Live in bham so not the best clear skies around!

Steve

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi Steve and welcome to SGL. Any ideas on the scope you would like ? Plenty of advice here... and it's free (shame the scope isn't though)

Hi, yes ive already posted in the eqipment section :icon_salut: so already started to pick your brains.

Im looking at eirther the nexstar 5se or 6se. not sure wich one to go for:icon_eek:

Hi Steve,

Birmingham is at least well-placed for zipping over towards Shropshire or Derbyshire if the forecast is good.

Welcome and have fun. Only one thing, though; don't ask this lot to talk you out of spending money. I relied on them to help me NOT spend three grand on a scope the size of a bean tin and they dropped me right in it. It's ordered. Gulp.

Olly

Hi Steve.

I live next door in Coventry, so I feel your pain about the skies! I can see very little visually, but have found that using a camera on my telescope I get to see what is really up there. You can see my pics taken from Coventry in the Imaging - Deep Sky section of the board. I'll be happy to share any tips or help that I can.

Welcome to SGL.

TJ

Hi Steve.

I live next door in Coventry, so I feel your pain about the skies! I can see very little visually, but have found that using a camera on my telescope I get to see what is really up there. You can see my pics taken from Coventry in the Imaging - Deep Sky section of the board. I'll be happy to share any tips or help that I can.

Welcome to SGL.

TJ

Hi TJ thanks for the offer, do you stay in cov to observe or travel to darker skies?

Archived