Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

20" Orion Dob is here.....

Yeah but how long will you have to wait for them to make it for you?

Seriously, it looks an awesome bit of kit, I wonder how much the 24" will be? The view's must be amazing though...

*wails* Where will it end?!?!

Pretty amazing though, but it's funny how the size isn't fully appreciated by photographs alone...

You're right. They should have a petite girl in a bikini to give it some scale.

There are other less expensive ways to buy a big Dob, though. David Lukehurst is a good guy and has both traditional designs and a very interesting new ultra-portable one, too. Prices are remarkably reasonable, espeicially if you don't demand the most exacting mirror. I have had one of his instruments visit us down here and was impressed, as I was by meeting David at his place in Nottingham. I have tried to cut and paste the address but it won't do it. Just google david lukehurst telescopes, though.

A twenty inch is great fun. We have our own dearly beloved 'Sir Isaac' down here but I would go bigger next time, for sure! It's madness. It's great!

Olly

• 2 weeks later...
You're right. They should have a petite girl in a bikini to give it some scale.

How can a petite girl in a bikini give you any sense of scale against something that big?

You need a great big strapping girl with enormous...wellies to give a real sense of proportion. :icon_salut:

Archived