Hello from Lévis, Québec

Paul-

I'm new to practical astronomy. At the beginning of June this year I bought an Omni XLT150 Newtonian reflector & quite a few options:

• Telescope: Omni XLT 150 Newtonian; Cheshire cat eye for collimation
  • Mount: Omni CG-4 Equatorial; polar align scope; dual axis motor
  • Celestron Plossl lens kit with filters & 2x Barlow
  • 2" T-ring & T-ring adapter

I already had a Canon EOS DSLR (not astro-modified), so I've decided to try my hand at prime-focus astrophotography.  I have now added a Baader MPCC Mark III coma corrector (used) and an Optolong L-Pro 2 filter (new). I now realize that prime-focus is a bit more difficult than I first thought, but i will persist. I live in a suburban neighborhood ― Bottle 7-8, so I hope the filters help. 

OmniXLT150_2.thumb.jpg.0f69a1bce1155eb249787560e0fc5f98.jpg

Edited by Paul-
corrections
  • Like 2

Hello and welcome Paul,

That looks like a decent bundle to get your teeth into this hobby and there are many on here who will help if you ask. 
You mention that Prime Focus is proving a litte difficult. I live in a slightly less polluted area (Bortle 5 and getting worse) and I use a Bahtinov Mask to get my focus as sharp as possible. Here's one for 150mm Newtonians available form our sponsor. https://www.firstlightoptics.com/bahtinov-focus-masks/starsharp-bahtinov-focus-masks.html
You hang it onto the outside of your scope using two silicon-coated screws through the holes as seen in the image. The other thing to point out is that a guide-scope needs to be aligned with the main scope (I found out the hard way) and that is best done in daylight looking at distant objects.

HTH and enjoy,

Tony