Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from Westbury

colinheath

Good Morning,

I had a small go at astronomy a few years back but location wasn't ideal due to light pollution and lots of obstructions so gave up in the end. Have sonce moved to outskirts of Westbury in Wilts and much darker. When I looked up one night I was impressed by the show so then set about looking for a scope.

I now have a Skywatcher 127 Mak with tracking mount and have just purchased the neximage CCD camera, so it's my fault all the cloud came over;)

I most enjoy the modification and home made side of any hobby so am currently working on an electric focuser. I will also be looking to make a better dovetail mount for finder scope, unless I switch to a Telrad.

I need to suss the tracking out on my scope as it seems very poor at present, maybe not setting up correct.

If the sky look like this later I will plan a bit of a viewing session for tonight, with hopefully some photography thrown in.

Anyway, a big hello from me and see you around the forum:D

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Welcome to the SGL Forum Colin.

You chose a fine scope to return to astronomy with, and coupled with your now dark skies, you will enjoy it immensely.

Best Wishes.

Ron.:)

Thanks Ron, just waiting for those skies to clear

Hello Colin and a warm welcome to SGL.

phillc

Thanks Phill

Welcome to the site Colin only up the road from me in bristol, you must have nice clear skies in westbury.

Cheers

Neil

Cheers Neil, yes not far away and i work in Bristol at present. It is quite dark here but need an air rifle for the se3curity lights:D Mine doesn't count as I turn it off and only use for seeing;)

Hiya and welcome to SGL Colin from Dilton Marsh!!!! You Are less than a couple of miles from me. I also know of at least one other new member in Westbury. If you require any help just shout, maybe we can get up on Salisbury Plains for an observing session sometime.

carl

Archived