Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

White light and AR3664

3 hours ago, PeterStudz said:

Seeing dropped off too, plus transparency - there’s high level cloud giving the sky a milky haze. A few gaps though.

Those pics are good enough to give me a good idea. I’m wise enough to know that the actual views are far better. As I think I’ve said before:- it makes me want to invest in a similar setup! 

Yes, same here in terms of conditions.

Totally right in terms of the visual views being so much better. Visually in Ha there was plenty of fine flux lines arcing around the AR, bright plage areas which were so much brighter in reality. Well worth looking into, the views can be amazing.

• Like 1

On 08/05/2024 at 16:40, IB20 said:

First go at white light observing for some time since being trumped by the PST Coronado. Quite simply astonishing amount of detail in the large AR3664 sun spot. Mesmerising. Had the Ha set up out too and saw a huge bright region around the sunspot which SpaceWeather alerted as a high M class flare. 

Couldn’t resist a quick iPhone snap. 

IMG_7421.jpeg

IMG_7414.jpeg

Looks like a Teddy bear in free fall ??🤔🤔

John 

I thought the group were big enought to see naked eye and when I held up my Solar film to check it before putting it on the scope I was amazed to see just how large the group looked. It was very obvious. 

Cheers

Ian

• Like 1

I got another look in just now in Ha with the SM125, after a bit of re-learning the Quark recently I'm getting it dialled in again, plus I tried it for the first time with a 55mm plossl keep the magnification down and it is looking to be a very promising set up.

A big broad prom was fanned out over the horizon near 3664, and 3664 itself was full of complexity.

• Like 1