Jump to content

SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

It looks as if it could be done...


Recommended Posts

Thats's nice. But if I had to criticise, the top left blank box isn't square. The r/h edge isn't vertical.

Pretty much ruins it for me..

Oops, nearly forgot the 🤣🤣

On a serious note, I don't think I've ever seen that set of objects presented quite so spectacularly. Their symbiotic relationship is not generally so clear.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Paul M said:

Thats's nice. But if I had to criticise, the top left blank box isn't square. The r/h edge isn't vertical.

Pretty much ruins it for me..

Oops, nearly forgot the 🤣🤣

On a serious note, I don't think I've ever seen that set of objects presented quite so spectacularly. Their symbiotic relationship is not generally so clear.

You touch on a serious point, though. There is dramatic field distortion in the top right of the image arising from the fact that I registered the top mosaic to the bottom one. This has concentrated the distortion in the top right.

I'm wondering about a solution. Maybe a very widefield, short FL lens, aimed at the image centre, could be upsampled and used as a template. Distortion is inevitable but coherent distortion would be nice. We have a year to cogitate over this because the missing southern parts are no longer available.

Olly

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, ollypenrice said:

You touch on a serious point, though. There is dramatic field distortion in the top right of the image arising from the fact that I registered the top mosaic to the bottom one. This has concentrated the distortion in the top right.

I'm wondering about a solution. Maybe a very widefield, short FL lens, aimed at the image centre, could be upsampled and used as a template. Distortion is inevitable but coherent distortion would be nice. We have a year to cogitate over this because the missing southern parts are no longer available.

Olly

Well

if it could be made into a moveable curved image which you could pan around....

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ollypenrice said:

You touch on a serious point, though. There is dramatic field distortion in the top right of the image arising from the fact that I registered the top mosaic to the bottom one. This has concentrated the distortion in the top right.

I'm wondering about a solution. Maybe a very widefield, short FL lens, aimed at the image centre, could be upsampled and used as a template. Distortion is inevitable but coherent distortion would be nice. We have a year to cogitate over this because the missing southern parts are no longer available.

Olly

Amazing project Olly! Very promising. If you need a widefield template maybe you could just use DSS2 in Aladin Sky Atlas:

Cheers, Göran

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 13.04.39.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, gorann said:

Amazing project Olly! Very promising. If you need a widefield template maybe you could just use DSS2 in Aladin Sky Atlas:

Cheers, Göran

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 13.04.39.png

Good idea. Thanks, Goran, I'll try it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.