Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Strange ring around the Moon??!!

Nikolai De Silva

Hi everyone, 

Time 23:26

Just a moment ago my mother saw and showed us a strange thing around the Moon. A complete circle, seen like clouds, around the Moon! I was thinking is this an illusion?? But no, it isn't an Illusion. It is a 100% complete 360° circle around the Moon which is clearly visible.

Wondering what it could be?? Really for the first time I've ever seen. The problem is, those can be clouds, but how can it be a complete circle??how? I've attached pictures of that. More clearer from the eyes than in the pics.

Have anyone seen such a thing?

Hoping for replies!!

Nikolai.IMG-20231125-WA0006.thumb.jpg.c8c90f83a98ca31b8450fb6d251e5dac.jpgIMG-20231125-WA0008.thumb.jpg.0aface3ea6fdc110f69c8eb31181c36b.jpgIMG-20231125-WA0005.thumb.jpg.5c04811422e68ba46e4092aabef92ddb.jpg

Edited by Nikolai De Silva
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nikolai De Silva said:

The problem is, those can be clouds, but how can it be a complete circle?

It's because of the shape of the ice crystals, the light is refracted or bent at an angle, usually around 22deg and this causes the circular halo.

• Like 1

I saw the same thing last night whenI was setting up. It is as others have described above. I've seen it many times, right from being a small child and it never gets old or less beautiful. You got a nicepic of it there! Enjoy it.

• Like 1

Sorry @ags I have to disagree. Nibiru is a solid object, not a halo.

As the halo has been reported from numerous locations around the world, it has to be an off planet effect.
Maybe a large number of lunar orbiting satellites that have come to grief?
Rather like we will soon have around the earth soon if clusters of satellites keep getting launched.
But we won't be able to observe an earth halo as the probability of getting a craft through the debri field is quite low.

The ice crystal idea is just too simple and unimaginative 🥶🕸️😁

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Carbon Brush said:

Sorry @ags I have to disagree. Nibiru is a solid object, not a halo.

As the halo has been reported from numerous locations around the world, it has to be an off planet effect.
Maybe a large number of lunar orbiting satellites that have come to grief?
Rather like we will soon have around the earth soon if clusters of satellites keep getting launched.
But we won't be able to observe an earth halo as the probability of getting a craft through the debri field is quite low.

The ice crystal idea is just too simple and unimaginative 🥶🕸️😁

Nasa will probably explain it away as a weather balloon behind the Moon,  but I am not falling for it!

Maybe the Chinese are building  Dyson sphere around the Moon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Carbon Brush is right, it is not Nibiru.
It is in fact the early stages of a Ringworld that I am building round the Sun per instructions from Larry Niven. I am getting some help from a gang of visiting construction workers who were going to demolish the Earth to make a hyperspace bypass, but I persuaded them to invest in real-estate instead. @Ags was close with second suggestion, but no, not round the Moon, we will need to demolish that for the rest of the ring :)

• Like 1